Membership Requirements and Process
Minimum requirements for U.S. Military Vets MC membership:
- Have a DD form 214 and have served 181 days or more in an active duty status (Reserve and National Guard members can count active duty for training and “summer camps”)
- Have full rights to veterans’ benefits and have received an Honorable Discharge from the United States Military OR be currently on active duty during a period greater than 181 days OR currently in the National Guard or Reserves
- Have a valid Motorcycle Operators’ License
- Pay monthly dues
- Active participation in the club
- Have a 750 cc motorcycle or larger
Membership process for U.S. Military Vets MC:
- The process of becoming a member has two phases: Prospect and Probate.
- During the Prospect phase, an individual will go to runs and attend portions of meetings with the club as a guest. This gives the prospect a chance to evaluate his desire to belong to this brotherhood and the club members to evaluate basic personality and compatibility.
- The Probate phase is longer and gives the probate the opportunity to learn the proper conduct of a member in an MC. It affords the membership an opportunity to evaluate the probate as an individual they will be proud to label as and depend upon as a brother. During this time, the probate is under the direct supervision of an experienced member whenever wearing the club “rockers”.